Standardized Patient Recruitment
Being a standardized patient is rewarding yet hard work, and we demand a high level of job performance from our standardized patients. We also appreciate flexibility.
What do we expect of our standardized patients?
- To arrive on time and be dressed appropriately
- To review the case material and portray the patient as trained
- To maintain the confidentiality of the materials, which are used in the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine program only
- To maintain confidentiality about the participating students
- To complete evaluation forms provided after the session
- To enjoy being a standardized patient
If you interested in becoming a standardized patient at the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, please contact Heidi Lane by email or by phone (540-526-2505).