Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine transcripts are either official or unofficial.
Official Transcripts are mailed directly to a third party. They are sealed and signed by the Registrar. Official transcripts may be given directly to the student when issued in a signed and sealed envelope to be transmitted unopened directly to a third party.
Unofficial Transcripts are for a student's personal use. This type of transcript does not carry the Registrar's signature and is printed on plain white paper. A faxed copy is an unofficial copy.
Requesting a Transcript
Requests for transcripts must be made in writing with an original signature and be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. Generally, please allow two to four business days for processing your request. Processing time may vary depending on the time of year and volume of requests, so it is advisable to send in your request one to two weeks in advance of your deadline.
- There is no fee for a transcript.
- Complete all necessary information on the Transcript Request Form with your signature, and mail or fax the form to the Enrollment Management office:
Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
2 Riverside Circle
Roanoke, VA 24016
- Degree Completion Holds. Students asking the Enrollment Management office to “Hold for degree posting,” should allow one week for processing after graduation date.
- Current Term Completion Holds. Students asking the Enrollment Management office to “Hold for most recent semester grades,"should allow up to two weeks for processing after end of semester.
- Transcripts for pick up. If you would like to pick up your transcript, place your order with NO HOLDS. Your transcript will be ready for pick up two to four business days from the day you place your request.