Applying for Appointment
The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine faculty is composed of regular faculty members, instructional faculty members, and those with special appointments.
Regular faculty include:
- Faculty members with a primary appointment to the school in tenure and non-tenure tracks appointed in the ranks of professor, associate professor, and assistant professor
- Faculty members with a secondary appointment to the school appointed in the ranks of professor, associate professor; and assistant professor
Instructional faculty include:
- Faculty members with an adjunct appointment to the school appointed in the ranks of adjunct professor, adjunct associate professor, and adjunct assistant professor
- Clinical preceptors
- Senior instructors
- Provisional faculty
Special appointment faculty include:
- Emeritus faculty members; and
- Honorary faculty members.
Candidates Seeking a Faculty Appointment
Application Requirements for Faculty Appointment
Candidates seeking appointment to the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine should review the above requirements and guidelines.
Initial Faculty Appointment Application Packet
This packet should be reviewed, completed, and submitted by the faculty candidate to his or her department chair. Electronic completion and submission is preferred.