Virginia State Science and Engineering Fair
April 14, 2018 at the Berglund Special Events Center in Roanoke, VA.
The Virginia State Science and Engineering Fair, founded in 1985, started out with a little more than 100 projects and has grown considerably to include participants from 12 regions across the Commonwealth.
Over 250 Virginia high school students participated in the 2017 State Science Fair, held at VMI, presenting more than 200 projects. More than 70 expert judges from higher education and businesses across Virginia volunteered their time.
This year, approximately 250 exhibits participating in the Virginia State Science and Engineering Fair qualify thanks to the winning projects they presented at the following regional fairs:
- Northern Virginia Science & Engineering Fair Shenandoah Valley
- Regional Science Fair Blue Ridge Highlands Regional Science Fair
- Central Virginia Regional Science Fair Loudoun County Science and
- Engineering Fair Fairfax County Regional Science and Engineering
- Fairs Western Virginia Regional Science Fair Prince William-Manassas
- Regional Science Fair Tidewater Science Fair Virginia Piedmont
- Regional Science Fair Metro Richmond Science Fair Fauquier County
- Regional Science & Engineering Fair