Friday, April 17 - Set-up
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Registration and set-up at Berglund Special Events Center
- Students must check in at the registration desk. All payments and paperwork must be filed.
- Students set up project displays and booths.
- Exhibits must be approved by the VSSEF Display & Safety Officer before students leave.
No exhibit set-up will be allowed on Saturday
Saturday, April 18 - Competition
All events take place in the Exhibition Hall at the Berglund Special Events Center
7:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.
- Judges check-in
- Doors Open, student participants allowed into exhibition hall
8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Judges interview presenters for category and special awards.
- Only presenters and judges are allowed in the exhibit area during judging.
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Lunches provided for presenters and judges
- Announcement of Grand Prize nominees
- Nominees return to exhibits
1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Judges interview Grand Prize nominees
2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Exhibition halls opens to the public
4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Award ceremony
- Finalists must attend ceremony to receive their awards
5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Exhibit break-down and clean up. All students must remove their exhibits by 6:00 p.m.
- Exhibits MAY NOT be dismantled during the ceremony. You must wait until the ceremony concludes to dismantle your projects.
Please contact the Fair Director for instructions if you are unable to attend the ceremony.