Office of Student Affairs
The Office of Student Affairs at the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine strives to support and advocate for students from the moment they receive their letter of acceptance to medical school through their preparations for residency.
Our support encompasses most of the day-to-day events and activities of student life. We take great pride in fostering a caring and open environment in which you feel comfortable in allowing us to assist you in your journey through medical school. We offer responsive and accessible resources for your personal health and wellness, professional growth and development, academic achievement and excellence, and career development and preparation.
Each year, the Office of Student Affairs participates in orientation for new students as well as the White Coat Ceremony, the Student Clinician’s Ceremony, the Donor Memorial, the Match Day celebration, and graduation.
Other responsibilities of the Office of Student Affairs include:
- Academic Counseling and Enrichment Services (ACES)
- Career Counseling
- Disability Advocacy & Support
- Promotion of student health and wellness
- Support to the student government
- Support for student clubs, organizations, and interest groups
- Administrative duties for the Medical Student Performance and Promotions Committee
Please visit us in person, by telephone, or via email for answers to your questions or for other assistance.