The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine is dedicated to providing an exceptional medical education to applicants who are prepared to benefit from our specialized curriculum and instruction.
Our primary objective is to produce physician thought leaders through an educational experience grounded in inquiry, research, and discovery.
An overview of the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine admissions process and candidate evaluation criteria.
Learn more about the required academic course work for admission to the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine.
A step by step guide to the application process and the required documents necessary when applying to the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine.
The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine uses the Multiple Mini-Interview process to screen medical school applicants.
A summary of the costs associated with attending the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine.
Statistics about the classes including MCAT scores, GPA, and more.
Timelines and Deadlines
- May - AMCAS applications open
- June - AMCAS applications may be submitted
- July - First secondary application invitations sent
- September - First round of interviews
- December 1 - Deadline to file AMCAS applications
- December 15 - Deadline to take the CASPer assessment. CASPer scores must be received no later than January 1
- January 1 - Deadline for secondary application submissions
- March 15 - By AMCAS regulations, Virginia Tech Carilion issues 49 acceptances
- April 15 - By AMCAS regulations, applicants may hold only three acceptances
- April 30 - By AMCAS regulations, applicants may hold only one acceptance and may choose to commit to enroll to VTCSOM
- Late July / Early August - Matriculation and orientation