Virginia State Science and Engineering Fair
The Virginia State Science and Engineering Fair, founded in 1985, started out with a little more than 100 projects and has grown considerably to include participants from 12 regions across the Commonwealth.
More than 300 Virginia high school students participated in the 2019 State Science Fair, presenting more than 200 projects. More than 70 expert judges from higher education and businesses across Virginia volunteered their time. More than 250 students participated in the Virtual Virginia State Science Fair on April 18, 2020.
Each year, between 200 and 250 exhibits will participate in the Virginia State Science and Engineering Fair qualify thanks to the winning projects they presented at the following regional fairs:
- Blue Ridge Highlands Regional Science Fair
- Central Virginia Regional Science Fair
- Fairfax County Regional Science and Engineering Fair
- Fauquier County Regional Science & Engineering Fair
- Loudoun County Science and Engineering Fair
- Metro Richmond STEM Fair
- Northern Virginia Science & Engineering Fair
- Prince William-Manassas Regional Science Fair
- Shenandoah Valley Regional Science Fair
- Tidewater Science and Engineering Fair
- Virginia Piedmont Regional Science Fair
- Western Virginia Regional Science Fair