Checklists for Promotion
*Note - Checklists do not replace information listed in the Faculty Bylaws. Please read the Faculty Bylaws first and use these to help guide you through the process.
- Assistant to Associate - NON-Tenure Track
- Associate to Professor NON-Tenure Track
- Assistant to Associate - TENURE Track
- Associate to Professor - TENURE Track
- SECONDARY Appointment - Assistant to Associate
- SECONDARY Appointment - Associate to Professor
- ADJUNCT Appointment - Assistant to Associate
- ADJUNCT Appointment - Associate to Professor
Student Recommendation Letters
Faculty members are occasionally asked to write recommendation letters for medical students. The PowerPoint slides included below were developed for faculty use primarily when asked to write recommendation letters for medical students applying to residency programs.
Faculty asked to write recommendation letters for students applying to medical school may find Association of American Medical Colleges guidelines helpful.
Feedback on the Learning Environment
(Students, Residents, Faculty, and Staff)
The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine is continually striving to improve its learning environment and student experience. Students, residents, faculty, and staff are all encouraged to provide any suggestions or concerns through The BEACON, an anonymous online feedback service.