Certifying Enrollment and Degrees

Credentialing for Current Students

Enrollment verifications may be requested from the Office of Enrollment Management. Verifications may be used for insurance companies, employers, scholarships, or any other agencies/services that require proof of enrollment at the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine. There is no charge for this service.

Enrollment Reporting

Enrollment data is submitted to the National Student Clearinghouse the first day of classes. Enrollment information is then re-submitted each month during both fall and spring semesters.

In-School Loan Deferments

Students who qualify for in-school deferment are automatically reported to participating lenders upon the receipt of the enrollment file submitted to the National Student Clearinghouse.

Students who require deferment paperwork to be completed, should submit these forms to the Registrar in the Office of Enrollment Management (M149) so that they may be mailed directly to the National Student Clearinghouse.

If you have further questions, contact Hope Reynolds, Registrar.

Credentialing for Alumni

Alumni can request degree verifications in the form of a transcript. Please see our Transcript Request Form.

Alumni may also request a diploma replacement or reprint. Please allow six to eight weeks for processing and mailing of the replacement diploma. There is a $25 fee for each replaced/reprinted diploma which will be assessed and billed to you by the Office of the University Bursar at Virginia Tech.

If you need a copy of your diploma for certification purposes, we recommend that you first verify that some other document won’t serve the purpose. Only in rare cases is a diploma copy actually needed.

Third-Party Requests

Third parties may request enrollment or degree verifications through the National Student Clearinghouse.