Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®) is a service that transmits the MyERAS application and supporting documentation from applicants and their Designated Dean's Office to program directors. ERAS consists of MyERAS® for applicants, Dean's Office Workstation (DWS) for the ERAS Fellowship Documents Office (EFDO), Program Director's Workstation (PDWS) for training programs and the ERAS Letter of Recommendation Portal (LoRP) for Letter of Recommendation (LoR) Authors.
How Does ERAS Work?
- Applicants receive an electronic token from their Designated Dean's Office and use it to register with MyERAS.
- Applicants complete their MyERAS application, create LoR request forms, select programs, assign supporting documents, and transmit their application to programs.
- LoR Authors upload letters of recommendation.
- Schools receive notification of the completed application and letters of recommendation uploads and start transmitting supporting documents: transcripts, photographs, MSPE.
- Examining boards receive and process requests for score reports.
ERAS 2017 Fees
Under the Same Specialty
- Programs Up to 10 - $97
- Programs 11-20 - $11 each
- Programs 21-30 - $16 each
- Programs 31 or more - $26 each
30 Emergency Medicine programs [$97 + ($11 x 10) + ($16 x 10)] = $367
20 OB/GYN programs [$97 + ($11 x 10)]
+ 10 Family Medicine programs [$97] = $304
USMLE Transcript - $80 assessed once per season
Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard only)*
For more information please visit the ERAS website
FREIDA Online® is a database with over 9,300 graduate medical education programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, as well as over 100 combined specialty programs.