Teaching Excellence Academy for Collaborative Healthcare (TEACH)
Teaching Excellence Academy for Collaborative Healthcare (TEACH) works to promote learning excellence at Carilion Clinic, the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, the Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute, and Jefferson College of Health Sciences by creating a community of educators and fostering their development as teachers, learners, and educational researchers.
TEACH seeks to:
- foster an interprofessional, interdisciplinary community of health professions educators;
- provide a nonclinical home for teachers;
- become a recognized mechanism to support and enhance educational programs and teachers;
- create an environment that promotes and rewards teaching excellence to enhance the education of students, residents, fellows, faculty members, and community; and
- be created and developed for faculty, by faculty.