Docs for Morgan Annual Fundraiser Benefit
Docs for Morgan is an annual basketball challenge between Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine students, Radford University Carilion students and Carilion Clinic residents and attending physicians.
Docs for Morgan was formed in 2012 by Carilion Clinic physicians who wanted to honor Morgan and support her parents, Daniel and Gil Harrington. Dan Harrington is vice dean of the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine. The event supports an annual scholarship that goes to deserving students at the school and honors Morgan’s passion for education.
Morgan was an intern at the school and was attending Virginia Tech before she was tragically murdered in 2009. The scholarship fund was established in her honor and, to date, has generated over $250,000 benefiting students at the School of Medicine.
Recent stories about the Docs for Morgan annual basketball challenge.
- 2020: Gallery for Docs for Morgan basketball challenge
- 2020: Virginia Tech President Tim Sands to play in annual Docs for Morgan basketball fundraiser
- 2019: Gallery for Docs for Morgan basketball challenge
- 2019: Basketball fundraiser marks 10th anniversary of Morgan Harrington case
- 2018: Medical students and doctors to battle it out on the hard court for a good cause
- 2017: Docs for Morgan event promotes friendly rivalry for a good cause
- 2017: Gallery for Docs for Morgan basketball challenge
- 2016: Gallery for Docs for Morgan basketball challenge
- 2015: Gallery for Docs for Morgan basketball challenge
- 2015: Hardcourt challenge to benefit Harrington scholarship fund
- 2014: Special match up to benefit Harrington scholarship fund