Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine is an inclusive learning environment and participates in the Virginia Tech Safe Zone Program.
Students are welcome to contact any faculty or staff member throughout the year. The following list of faculty and staff have received formal training on LGBTQ+ student support.
Certified SafeZone VTC Employees
- Katherine L. Brown, PhD - Riverside 1, Suite 202
- Emily M. Holt Foerst, PhD - M140
- Beth Ipock, EdD - M321
- James Kittinger - M140
- Jennifer Slusher, PhD, LPC - Riverside 1 2nd floor
- Adelaida Strambol - M127
- Angelica Witcher - M115
Additional Support Resources
- LGBTQ+ Resource Center
- LGBTQ+ Events Calendar
- Dr. Ashleigh Bingham - Director, LGBTQ+ Resource Center
- Carilion Clinic Gender Care Clinic