Cynthia Morrow, MD, MPH
As co-leader of the Health Systems Science and Interprofessional Practice domain, Dr. Morrow's focus is on developing an integrated curriculum for HSSIP for VTCSOM's Phase 1 comprising the M1 and M2 years.
Before joining the faculty at VTCSOM in the Department of Interprofessional Education, Dr. Morrow was the Lerner Chair for Health Promotion at Syracuse University and Professor of Practice in the Department of Public Administration and International Affairs at the Maxwell School of Syracuse University. She served as Commissioner of Health for Onondaga County, NY from 2005-2014, during which time she earned numerous awards from community-based organizations.
At VTCSOM Dr. Morrow serves as a PBL facilitator, IPE course director for Public Health and Medicine, and as a member of the medical curriculum committee.
Growing up in Uganda, Ghana, Switzerland, and the United States fostered Dr. Morrow’s passion for public health and social justice.
Dr. Morrow is a consulting editor for the Journal of Public Health Management and Practice and is also an editor of 5 books, including
- Bioethics, Public Health, and the Social Sciences for the Medical Professions;
- Public Health Administration: Principles for Population-Based Management;
- JPHMP’s 21 Public Health Case Studies on Policy & Administration;
- Essentials of Public Health, 4th Edition;
- Public Health: What it is and how it works (to be published in the fall of 2020)
Education and Training
- Medical University of South Carolina: Residency, Internal Medicine
- Tufts University School of Medicine: MD, MPH
- Swarthmore College: BA
- PBL facilitator, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
- Course Director for Public Health and Medicine, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
- Medical Curriculum Committee, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine