Karen Eley Sanders, MS, EdD
The chief diversity officer is responsible programmatic efforts to improve and promote diversity across the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine community. This includes leading the identification and execution of best practices for the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty and students and coordinating activities that support the school’s strategic goals for inclusion and access. The chief diversity officer leads the development and implementation of policies and initiatives that contribute to building a diverse and equitable community that enriches students' education and enhances their ability to participate in a rapidly evolving, multicultural world. The chief diversity officer serves as an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Board of Directors.
Education and Training
- University of Arkansas College of Education & Health Professions: EdD
- Virginia State University: MS
- Virginia State University: BS
- Senior Instructor, Interprofessionalism, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
- Associate Vice Provost for Undergraduate Academic Affairs, Virginia Tech