Virginia Tech Spring Diversity and Inclusion Events and Resources
Advancing Diversity Gathering
Tuesday, January 12th. The event site opens at 8 a.m.
Keynote Conversation with Provost Cyril Clarke and Vice President for Student Affairs Frank Shushok on the topic: "How Are We Doing?
Online Diversity Pathways and Inclusive Pedagogy Spring Courses
- Anti-Racist Teaching
- Creating an Inclusive Climate
- Creating an Inclusive Workplace
- Fostering a Growth Mindset
- Fostering an Inclusive Classroom
- Handling Difficult Conversations in the Classroom
- Inclusive Advising: How Student Identities Matter
- Inclusive Pedagogy: How Student Identities Matter
- Reducing Implicit Bias in the Classroom
- What is Privilege and Why Does it Matter?
Courses are online and self-paced during the spring semester.
VirTual Safe Zone
VirTual Safe Zone sessions are offered several times throughout the academic year. Watch for registration links, which are available two weeks prior to each training session.
Dates for spring and summer sessions:
- Spring 1: January 11th - February 12th
- Spring 2: February 22nd - March 26th
- Spring 3: April 5th - May 7th
- Summer 1: May 17th - June 18th
- Summer 2: June 28th - July 30th
Also coming this spring: Trans Safe Zone 101!
Breakthrough Inclusive Action STEM Tool Kit
The Breakthrough Inclusive Action Tool Kit is available for anyone ready to become an agent of change in the academy! Although it is written for students and faculty in STEM fields, the content is adaptable to any academic unit. This excellent resource was produced in collaboration with Science Friday and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute Tangled Bank Studios.