Medical Design Club
Dr. Stephen LaConte
Human-centered design is an approach to interactive systems development that aims to make systems usable and useful by focusing on the users, applying human factors/ergonomics and usability knowledge and techniques.
The Medical Design Club is here to support future physicans develop medical design thinking and skills so that they can fix challenges, not just face them.
This club is perfect for those who
- want to make a difference and help address healthcare needs
- are curious about the medical design process from 3D printing prototypes to pitching ideas to potential investors
- are interested in gaining skills that will help them stand out throughout medical school and beyond
- The Medical Design Club is interested in all things creative problem solving. When COVID-19 hit, the Medical Design Club created a streamlined database website for 3D printing PPE files.
- The Medical Design Club sewed masks with a removable clear mouth area to allow individuals that are hard of hearing a better opportunity to communicate during these unprecedented times.