Ophthalmology Interest Group
Dr. Vishak John
The Ophthalmology Interest Group strives to increase student exposure to the dynamic field of ophthalmology.
Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine/Carilion Clinic has no affiliated ophthalmology residency program, so this group was created to give students more opportunities to learn about and experience ophthalmology. Specifically, we aim to foster research, community engagement, networking opportunities, and shadowing experiences for students by way of collaboration with and mentorship from our local ophthalmologists.
This group is for all interested in ophthalmology and ocular research.
Resources and volunteerism
- Access to ophthalmology research projects
- Biannual ophthalmology journal club w/ faculty
- Frequent opportunities to present projects and cases
- Ophthalmology free clinic volunteering at Bradley Free Clinic
- Mentorship and access to ophthalmology faculty