Medical Students for Choice at VTC Club
Medical Students for Choice at VTC is a chapter of the international organization whose mission is to provide the most up-to-date family planning education outside formal medical school curricula.
The VTC chapter echoes the organization in the belief that all people should have access to health services that allow them to lead safe, healthy lives.
This includes all aspects of sexual and reproductive health consistent with their own personal and cultural values. The chapter organizes trainings and lectures in order to spread awareness and increase access.
Medical Students for Choice Mission and Values
Creating Tomorrow’s Abortion Providers and Pro-Choice Physicians
We believe that all people should have access to health services that allow them to lead safe, healthy lives including all aspects of sexual and reproductive health consistent with their own personal and cultural values. Our work is guided by the following values:
- All reproductive health choices should be freely accessible to all people.
- People are the experts on their own bodies and experiences.
- All people have the right to make their own decisions regarding sexuality, health, and whether and when to have children.
- Sexual health decisions such as abortion affect people of all identities.
- All social justice movements intersect and therefore achieving our mission requires working collaboratively to overcome all forms of oppression.
- All people are entitled to empathy and compassionate medical care without judgment.
- Providing abortion care is a deeply moral decision. Abortion and contraception are vital aspects of medical care that should be embraced as standard practice and as fundamental to medical education.