Wilderness Medicine Club
Dr. Stephanie Lareau
Note: contact information for student leaders and faculty mentors is available for current students only.
Do you love the outdoors?
Always seeking your next adventure?
From hypothermia to heat illness, and from skiing to ultramarathon injuries, the Wilderness Medicine Club will help you be prepared for medical emergencies you might encounter in a pre-hospital setting. Membership can also help you avoid burnout, connect with like-minded peers, and much more!
The purpose of the Wilderness Medicine Club is:
- To facilitate interdisciplinary interaction among students and faculty expressing interests in issues relating to health and the wilderness.
- To provide a forum for speakers to present topics of interest to the general membership.
- To provide a forum for interaction between the national organization of the Wilderness Medical Society and members of the Student Interest Group.
- To act as an information and referral resource to members pursuing careers in areas related to health and the wilderness.
- To participate, when appropriate, in community projects or with other campus organizations on issues relevant to wilderness medicine.