Family Medicine Interest Group
Dr. Karen Perkins
Note: contact information for student leaders and faculty mentors is available for current students only.
Building patient-physician relationships on a personal level place family physicians as the cornerstone of health care. Joining this interest group is a low-pressure commitment and does not mean you have to go into family medicine.
Consider joining the Family Medicine Interest Group if you are interested in:
- General practice – a little bit of everything!
- Pediatric Care
- Elderly Care
- Longitudinal Care – and relationships!
- Mental Health
- Labor and Delivery
- Sports medicine
- Managing chronic illnesses
- Forming the backbone our healthcare system
- Performing procedures
- Seeing and treating multiple disease states
- Forming relationships with specialty partners
- And more...
Activities / Programming
- Community and Physician Panels
- Sim Center Experiences
Professional Networking Opportunities
- Virginia Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians