Neurology, Neuroscience & Neurosurgery Interest Group
Dr. Mark Witcher
The Neurosurgical Interest Group (NSIG) is dedicated to inspiring and motivating students interested in pursuing a career in the neurosurgical specialty.
Collectively, we provide support to students interested in this field through physician-student mentorship, panel discussions, journal clubs and other learning opportunities.
We encourage professional growth by facilitating networking opportunities for students at VTCSOM to engage with both residents and physicians in the field.
Resources and support for pursuing one of the most exciting and fascinating specialties include
- Network of mentors at VTC, Carilion, and FBRI
- Attending the Neurosurgery Department’s academic sessions on Tuesday mornings
- Connections to basic science and clinical research projects, case reports, conferences, etc.
- Neurology and Neurosurgery Panel
- Neuroanatomy Lectures by Dr. Nolan
- Neurosurgery Department Didactic Sessions
- Journal Club
- Tumor Board Conference