Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Interest Group
Dr. Sunil Jain
Dr. Mark Kasmer
Dr. Justin Weppner
Note: contact information for student leaders and faculty mentors is available for current students only.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PMR) is a unique field and residency that often flies under the radar. It focuses on enhancing and restoring functional ability and quality of life in those with physical impairments or disabilities of the brain, spinal cord, nerves, bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, tendons, etc in both in-patient and out-patient settings.
The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Student Interest Group (PMRSIG) promotes opportunities for educational advancement, research, and support from PMR physicians.
These opportunities help students
- get clinical exposure to faculty
- learn about different subspecialties
- keep up to date on current research
- gain hands-on experience through workshops
- network with others in the field
- prepare for a comprehensive residency match
- PMR Subspecialty Panel
- PMR Journal Club
- PMR Lecture Series
- Networking Events
- Workshops - ultrasound, ultrasound guided injections, EMG, spasticity